While my mother and I were out last weekend looking for coco mats for her planters, we made a stop at the K-Mart on TV Highway. The store has become much more Hispanic since my youth. This is only a good thing, as they offered the great thing in the picture--no, not a MacBook, but rather, Mexican CocaCola, made with pure cane sugar and housed in a glass bottle. I bought two bottles, as a treat for Brandon and myself, but then I had the fantastic idea to do a cola taste test. I went to the store and bought American Coke, made with high fructose corn syrup, Pepsi, and a can of Blue Sky Organic Natural Cola, just for kicks.
Both Brandon and I did the taste test, and I have to say my palate is a little bit more discerning than his, as I got the AAB test right between Coke and Pepsi. B set up three glasses for me--two with Coke and one with Pepsi, or was it the other way around?--and I had to determine which two were the same and which one was different, along with which one was Coke and which was Pepsi, etc. I got this one right, Brandon could tell which two were the same but not which cola was which. Sugar cane Coke and HFCS Coke taste marginally different, and maybe because I'm used to HFCS Coke, I liked it better. Coke Zero is sweeter than all of these, which was surprising to both of us. Blue Sky was obviously different from Pepsi or Coke, with a much stronger cinnamon and clove taste.
It was a fun use of $6 and an afternoon.
Both Brandon and I did the taste test, and I have to say my palate is a little bit more discerning than his, as I got the AAB test right between Coke and Pepsi. B set up three glasses for me--two with Coke and one with Pepsi, or was it the other way around?--and I had to determine which two were the same and which one was different, along with which one was Coke and which was Pepsi, etc. I got this one right, Brandon could tell which two were the same but not which cola was which. Sugar cane Coke and HFCS Coke taste marginally different, and maybe because I'm used to HFCS Coke, I liked it better. Coke Zero is sweeter than all of these, which was surprising to both of us. Blue Sky was obviously different from Pepsi or Coke, with a much stronger cinnamon and clove taste.
It was a fun use of $6 and an afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment