Thursday, June 12, 2008

Things that are happening:

Yesterday, I:
  • went with Brandon to the hospital and ran home. It's hillier than the last course I was running, and I haven't ran 3 miles at a time for several months now, so I did end up taking some walking breaks. I think this'll be a great way for me to get going in the mornings and not waste my time in bed (like I am doing today, having bowed out from running to do my midterm. Stop procrastinating!).
  • had excellent lunch at East India Company with Jung. I think the EICo is my new favorite Indian place in town, although I do like Tandoor at 4th and Oak quite a bit.
  • bought my mother's birthday presents.
  • visited Gay at FedEx Office and brought him a smoked salt caramel. I later sampled one of my own and it was delicious! I think I'm finally coming around to practicing quality, not quantity in both food and clothing.
  • made ginger, chili and lime syrup for last night's dessert. After discovering how easy it is to make syrup, I am going to try making other kinds for sodas, etc. B and I had lunch at Blueplate not too long ago and I was impressed by their creative sodas; what this means is I can experiment to make my own. Fabulous.
  • watched Top Chef at the Bouffards' house. I was rooting for Stephanie, and am glad that she called it. Besseh made me nervous by calling it for Lisa, but I stayed true to my woman and they declared her Chef. Then Euchre, which we have lost any and all mojo for. Maybe my lack of sobriety didn't help, but I don't think it made much of a difference this time.
Today, I:
  • Will take my midterm.
  • Will have lunch with a SAIS grad, current employee of Mercy Corps and program committee member.
  • Will have Afternoon of Fashion with Gay (if I get my act together).
  • WIll celebrate my mother's birthday at Iorio (yum).
C'est tout. Who knows what Friday will bring. Oh, yeah, YouthSave graduation. Bleh.

No comments: