Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Lists

Things I like about DC:
  • The Metro, which is eleventy times better/more useful than the Max;
  • That there are disposable shot glasses sold in the grocery store;
  • They sell liquor at Safeway (and have club card deals on it);
  • Men in suits;
  • Ben's Chili Bowl, where the music is bumpin' and my chili dog cherry was popped;
  • Bethesda (or B'da), which is known for its restaurants;
  • Men in suits;
  • How Sinocity of Chinatown is really just a token effort;
  • It showed me that Joseph Smith is kind of a hottie;
  • Au Bon Pain and Cosi;
  • Monumental buildings;
  • Men in suits;
  • A lion that looks like it's saying obscenities in Judiciary Square;
  • Pandas (though I haven't seen them yet);
  • Two of my favorite people live here;
  • Men all are well groomed, and I have not run into any "logger chic" yet, although Janey assures me it exists;
  • They have Trader Joe's;
  • The American History Museum is re-opening with new exhibits this summer;
  • Men are entertainingly forward, as demonstrated by the Metro driver who opened his window and told Missy and I that we looked nice today (I'm pretty sure at some point it'll stop amusing me);
  • SmarTrip;
  • They have losing sports teams, and a new baseball stadium;
  • It's easily walkable, even more so than Portland.
Things that I dislike about DC:
  • It is far from the vast majority of my friends and my boyfriend;
  • Humidity begins in May;
  • Surprisingly few South Asians;
  • Cloud closed;
  • I don't know where the equivalents of Pok Pok, Perry's, or CTRF, etc. are located/replicated (but I will find new favorites);
  • Things are pricey;
  • The possibility of roaches and other pests, including rats that follow you down the street, coveting your pizza.
Things I need to live here:
  • A/C;
  • A winter coat;
  • A light fleece;
  • More Bermuda shorts;
  • A slingy handbag;
  • To find good Indian food in town.

No comments: