
This weekend... oh my. It leaves me breathless.
Brandon was here Thursday through today; I dropped him off at the airport this afternoon, both of us complaining to the world that the visit should not be over. Everyday, I thank my lucky stars that Brandon found me, and this weekend only makes me even more thankful. We had a decent amount of time together beyond me being dragged down by class and TA sessions. We had dinner with Scott and Jane, went to the SAIS happy hour, had dinner with Missy, all of which were fun. It was so wonderful to spend time with my friends and my boyfriend. While I've somewhat gotten used to having the people important to me spread out across the country it doesn't make it any easier that that's my regular state of being.
We also:
moved all my stuff into the house after the Yellow Freight delivery (thanks Besseh!);
ate at Ben's Chili Bowl, on their 50th Anniversary weekend;
ate at the Good Stuff Eatery, owned by Spike of Top Chef (that's him in the picture!);
stopped by Jazz at the National Sculpture Garden;
consumed the world's largest frozen custard (mine with sprinkles, om nom nom);
put together a crap ton of black-brown particle board (MALM!);
played Rock Band and faux-appliance-shopped at Best Buy;
watched Back to Future III. I will say that watching me watch the movie was most likely far more entertaining to B than the movie itself.
And then today rolled around. After I returned to my empty apartment, I found that I had forgotten what living here without B was like, which surprised me. We have about 10 weeks apart this time, one of the longer stretches of the year. I already miss him terribly. Who decided this grad school thing was a good idea, anyway? I should spank this person.
No comments:
Post a Comment