I made my first DC pie tonight, for a portion of the Middle East Studies firstie crowd. They are all awesome, and I really enjoy having them over to my house for dessert (summer berry, heavy on the raspberry), conversation and light drinking. (Tonight was light drinking; I know full well this crowd is capable of more than that.) We were arguing about whether people are getting smarter/more modern. One of us said no, one said yes, two more were on the fence. (I like James Flynn, so yes, I was the one arguing in favor.)
After I had the young gentlemen in rapture over my pie, one of them asked when Brandon would be in town and invited us over for dinner. I was touched; I usually don't expect to be reciprocated, so it was lovely. I also very much like K, so it will be fun to go over and hang out for an evening.
I really enjoy hostessing; I love when conversation is flowing--or not, over yummy dessert--and when people have had a good time in a social space I've created. I like being able to bake or cook and provide food for people I value. One of the things I miss most about not living with Brandon is not having a reason to make elaborate dinners in the same way I used to. I am certainly not going to make pot roast for myself... although, now that I think about it, I could and should make some chicken with lime sauce. Good idea, self.
Other news:
- On the fence about phone situation. Due to wonky equipment, I am wondering if I should switch to Verizon instead.
- B-school still seems like a really good idea.
- Econ classes (trade and money) are b o r i n g, which is too bad. They don't have to be.
- I love my school, and my fellow students.
- Long distance relationships are hard. Is this news? Maybe not. The depth of my missing Brandon grows every day. If I dwell on it, it almost feels like my heart is physically in pain. Maybe that's so I can get priority for a doctor's exam... ha.
- There's a part of me that still can't believe that I am where I am. I truly feel like all my dreams and goals for the future, that I've held in my heart for the past three years (education/career) and lifetime (partnership), have come true. The world will only continue to open its doors to me, and the thought is awesome. Like, I am experiencing actual awe, people.
- American Boy (Estelle ft. Kanye) is still excellent shower music. Missy, I've been practicing my karaoke.
4 comments:
I freakin' love that American Boy song.
If we do it together, who should be who? Can I be Kanye and you can be Estelle??
let this be subliminal messaging:
GET VERIZON.
You can get a BB just like yours for only $99 (not that bad) and you can sell yours on CL.
You will be here for 2 years, so when you leave, your conract is UP.
A-RABIAN PIE!!!!! 'NEATH ARABIAN MOOOOOONS!!!!
Post a Comment