Friday, June 11, 2010

And, I'm back.

Although I wasn't gone, just busy, you know, with that whole "getting a Master's" thing. And I expect that my desire and ability to blog may wane with the commencement of my next degree program, but goshdarnit, I miss writing everyday. And as embarrassing as reading over past writings can be sometimes, I like having that record of what I was thinking and feeling. So there's that.

Things that have happened in the last month:
  • I finished my MA
  • I moved to a small college town, away from my MA program friends
  • I moved in with my Future Husband
  • wedding stuff exploded.
More to come on getting through emotional, physical, intellectual, employment transitions. And humorous story-telling, and fun things to think about, usually found on the internets. Might do some book reviews. Because that's how I roll. I'm sure this round of blogging will feature more anonymity, although given the blog's current title, that's a bit of an issue, no? Look for a post about new blog, once I figure out what I want to do with that.

But first: A Rant

O Bodo's! Why must you refuse to toast the freaking bagels!? Every time I ask for a toasted bagel, to indicate to someone that there is a simple thing that your establishment can do to make a customer much more satisfied with the Bodo's Bagel Experience. Last time the cashier said, "Oh, but they are warm already, they don't need to be toasted," which leads me to believe that she doesn't fundamentally understand the textural shift of the toasting. It's called the Maillard reaction, and it makes everything more delicious. The contrast of smooth, cold cream cheese with the warm brown crust of a toasted bagel is a joy to behold, and you refuse to make it possible for the beleaguered citizens of our fair town. A commercial toaster, delivered, costs less than a thousand dollars. You could easily pay for it in a short period of time, depending on the volume of bagels sold. I'm happy to do a feasibility study for you IF IT WILL GET ME A GODDAMN TOASTER.

No comments: